Position Title: Professional Engineer (PEng) – Intermediate/Senior
Base Location: Lower Mainland/ Southern Interior, BC
Salary Range: $105,000 to $120,000+ annually
Who we are…
Encompass Engineering Ltd. (Encompass) provides Project Management, Engineering design, construction supervision, certification and inspection services relating to bridges, roads, power and communication facilities, and natural hazard mitigation for Pipeline, Oil & Gas and Forestry clients. Today we’re growing, providing ever more project planning, contractor management, inspection, utility vegetation management, land development and permitting expertise to our clients, while still maintaining our core. Our focus is on providing high value to our clients doing work we’re proud of.
We’re looking to grow our team with professionals who want to work independently with clients and contractors, while taking chances and sharing their expertise. The Professional Engineer (PEng) Intermediate and Senior positions are an opportunity for you to take command of your career and take a leading role in a growing organization.
Who you’re going to be…
You’ll be working both independently and in collaboration with our Principal Engineer, taking accountability for all aspects of Engineered design development, from field RTK surveys and material sourcing, to desktop Engineering design and stakeholder input, to on-site conformance monitoring and as-builts. Your focus will be in a combination of areas based on your background and experience, including access development planning, hydrotechnical analysis, bridge design, pipeline inspection, utility ROW management, drone photogrammetry and any other untapped value you can provide. Our core business is a platform on which you will build your own individual value proposition.
What we’re looking for…
- Having strong written and verbal communication is key
- You’ll need to be able to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and contractors
- Have a Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent and be a registered Professional Engineer in good standing with EGBC
- Have at least 5 years of experience in Civil Engineering, construction, road/bridge design and/or pipeline/utility design
- Have a valid Class 5 Canadian Driver’s Licence
- Competency with AutoCAD, GIS and GPS/Trimble RTK systems is an asset
- This is a full-time position with field, office, telecommuting and travel elements
- Must be able to support field crews in remote areas of BC and Alberta as required
- Construction site and pipeline and/or natural resource-related field experience is an asset
Encompass is a people-and-family oriented company and we place a high value on openness and respect. We offer a competitive benefits, as well as a high degree of flexibility to work remotely and/or virtually. The salary range for our Professional Engineer – Intermediate and Senior positions is $105,000 to $120,000+ annually.
The targeted starting date for this position is January 2024 and the closing date for this position is November 15, 2023, although it may be extended as needed. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a solid resume, cover letter and at least two recent professional references.